Re: [linux-lvm] Removing a Bad disk from LVM w/o a new disk

Ow Mun Heng wrote:
Current situation is that I have a bad disk /dev/sdb1 in an existing lvm
partition. (sda1/sda4/sdb1)

I would like to remove it from the VG. (There are no free PE anywhere.
I've maxed it out.)

I've already reduced the existing VG to the size of sda1+sda4
partition.

$vgreduce storage /dev/sdb1
Physical volume "/dev/sdb1" still in use

You mean you reduced the existing LVs?

Try this:

pvmove -v /dev/sdb1

That will move all the data off sdb1 to the other drives. You need dm-mirror either compiled in your kernel or as a module to use it.

Read the manpage for more information.