[linux-lvm] Expand physical volume?

Aaron Schrab aaron at schrab.com
Fri May 26 21:28:52 UTC 2006

Hi,

At work we have an LVM2 setup on top of software RAID1 on a system
running Debian's testing distribution.  Recently one of the drives
failed, and we decided to replace both drives with larger ones.

I'd like to simply grow the software RAID array, and have the LVM use
that, but I haven't found a way to extend a physical volume.  Is there a
way to do this, or do I need to create a second RAID array and use that
as an additional physical volume for the volume group?  The latter
option sounds rather unclean, especially if we'd migrate to still larger
drives a few more times.

Thanks in advance,
Aaron