[linux-lvm] rescue data after hd crash

chris cspot at gmx.at
Wed May 31 22:39:39 UTC 2006

Thanks Heinz,

this looks like what i was serching for. still, it didn't work out.

the first call of this command issued (apart from multiple "couln't find
device..")
"device-mapper ioctl cmd 9 failed: Das Argument ist ungültig"
  (i hate german error messages, who invented this? it says "illegal
argument")

but also "1 logic voliume(s) .. now active".

lvscan says "Volume group ... not found"
mount fails.

what should i try next?

regards, Chris

PS: about the stripes, I don't think I have any.