Re: [linux-lvm] pvmove of lvs while filesystems mounted not supported?!?

I've never tried it using LVM1, but I'm told it is safe.

 brassow

On Nov 13, 2006, at 7:47 AM, Dave wrote:

Hi David & list readers,

I am still stuck using LVM1 (1.0.8-14) on a RedHat AS3 system (kernel:
2.4.21-47.ELsmp) and may need to move all data from the existing disks to a new set
of disks.

Can I safely use pvmove (under LVM1) to perform this action while the file systems are mounted or not? If not, are there other ways LVM can help move all data to the
new disks without having to unmount the file systems in use?

Thanks,
Dave