Re: [linux-lvm] lvcreate gives 'device-mapper: reload ioctl failed: Invalid argument'

Use vgreduce to remove sda12 from the volume group.
Then edit the partition table to put things back i.e. delete 12 and
extend 11, then reboot.
(You may have some data corruption from what got written to sda12.)

I was still a bit nervous about this suggestion. As it happens, the only LV that was using sda11 was 'gen-website', which (as the name suggests) can be regenerated from other data. So instead, I just deleted the 'gen-website' LV. That allowed me to delete and re-create both the sda11 and sda12 PVs. This seems to have fixed everything. I was able to recreate the 'gen-website' LV and create my long-awaited 'dvd' LV as well.

Thanks again to Alasdair and Jonathan for all the help and patience!

Matt McHenry
http://www.speakeasy.org/~jerith/
jerith speakeasy org
be052 scn org