[linux-lvm] how to extend an lvm partition?

Hello,

I just got curious, if I migrate the data from a lun to another one
which is bigger, with poor man's ghost such as 'dd if=sda of=sdb', how
am I going to be able to extend the lvm partition afterwards? is this
possible? I know I could add a new partition in the remaining space,
pvcreate/vgextend it into the existing VG, but are there other
alternatives?

Thanks