[linux-lvm] Linux LVM Physical Layout Structure

Jonathan E Brassow jbrassow at redhat.com
Mon Oct 16 19:25:48 UTC 2006

have you tried using 'lvs --all -o+devices'?

If you look at the "devices" column, you will see a number following
the device that indicates the start segment.   There are many
additional arguments to pvs, vgs, and lvs that can be displayed to show
you the allocation layout.  (I'm assuming you are talking about LVM2.)

Conversely, if you are using LVM2, you could also look at
/etc/lvm/backup/<vgname> to read the specifics of how lv's are mapped
on the pv's.

  brassow