Re: [linux-lvm] Boot fails after change of motherboard: No volume groups found

> Does your new motherboard use a different SATA controller?  Perhaps
> your initrd doesn't have the proper driver.

Yes, that was (part of) the problem.

I ran mkinitrd and modified /etc/modprobe.conf to make sure the sata_via module gets loaded. Now my system does find and activate the volume.

However, another error message which I've seen before but didn't list in my original mail since I thought it was a follow-up message caused by not finding the volume group is still present:
   mount: error 6 mounting ext3
   ERROR opening /dev/console!!!!: 2

Thanks

   Volker Englisch