Re: [linux-lvm] "System ID" entry missing in metadata (LVM2) ?!

Hi,

i´m new to LVM2 and wondering if it´s possible to restrict access to a
Volume Group to a single server (e.g. like under vxvm (vxdg
import/deport)).
If I import a VG by using vgimport it is still possible to access the
VG
on another node in a shared SAN environment. Can I prevent this
somehow?

I´m using lvm2-2.01.14-3.6 on servers running SuSE SLES9 SP3 x86_64.

You can use tags to achieve this, or you can specify specific volume groups and logical volumes in lvm.conf under "volume_list".

 brassow