[linux-lvm] "System ID" entry missing in metadata (LVM2) ?!

Andreas Octav andreas.octav at anykey.de
Wed Oct 18 16:02:46 UTC 2006

Hi,

thanks for your response Jonathan, but I want to share the VGs between
the hosts. So I hoped that there is something like this functionality:
-> "vgimport VG" writes some kind of hostid (system_id?) in the metadata
-> other hosts can´t access the VG
-> "vgdeport VG" removes the ID, so anyone else can import the VG

My C knowledge isn´t very good, but the sources seem to include a
functionality like the one mentioned above.

Kind regards,
Andreas