Re: [linux-lvm] LVM on RAID

On Tue, 2006-09-19 at 16:53 -0500, Alexander Lazarevich wrote:
> We have several RAID devices (16-24 drive Fiber/SCSI attached RAID) which
> are currently single devices on our 64bit linux servers (RHEL-4, core5).
> We are considering LVM'ing 2 or more of the RAID's into a LVM group. I
> don't doubt the reliability and robustness of LVM2 on single drives, but I
> worry about it on top of RAID devices.
>
> Does anyone have any experience with LVM on to of RAID volumes, positive
> or negative?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Alex
Works perfectly with severall machines, maybe having more interactions
between raid and lvm could be a good thing (for example, while creating
a new LV or extending existing one on mixed raid devices (degrated and
not), it could be better if lvm don't use degrated devices first).
--
Fabien Jakimowicz <fabien jakimowicz com>