[linux-lvm] pvs and pvscan does not show my PV's

Hello,

I have created 28 linux-lvm partitions on 7 disks ( 4 linux-lvm partitions per disk).  pvs or pvscan shows no physical volume unless a PV is assigned to a VG.  If a PV is assigned to a VG, pvs or pvscan will show this PV but none of the unassigned PV's.  Also, if I do for example,  pvscan /dev/sde[1234], pvscan will show the 4 PV's.

From another system, I know if I do pvscan it will show me all PV's, assigned or unassigned.

Does someone can tell my why on my actual system pvs or pvscan does not list the PV's?

Thanks
Bernard