[linux-lvm] Cluster Question

Hello,

I am trying to create a single 400GB logical volume, that is made up from 2 seperate 200GB disks. The fun part is that the 2 seperate disks are located on 2 seperate machines, and they each export to the other via AOE (ATA over Ethernet). All appears to be fine if I use one of the machines to create the 2 physicial volumes and a volume group - the other machine can detect and use the volume group perfectly. The 2 disks will use the OCFS2 filesystem in a logical volume, so the filesystem layer is taken care of.

Am I right to think if I only ever manage the metadata from a single machine, no corruption will occur ?

Is metadata only ever changed whilst using the commands pv* vg* and lv* ?

Thanks!

Jamie.