Re: [linux-lvm] Noob Question - Which PV has the directory

Randy reed wrote:
I have an lvm that spans 3 pvs. I'm clearly having a hard drive problem
because periodically there's a ticking sound and the drive light stays solid
and usually the system hangs. I know which directory makes this happen. But
what I don't know is what hard drive is actually holding the directory since
its all one lvm. How can I determine this?

http://smartmontools.sourceforge.net/badblockhowto.html#lvm

good luck ;-)