[linux-lvm] multiple levels of snapshots

From what I can see, LVM tools don't allow creating multiple levels of
snapshots (i.e. creating a
snapshot of a snapshot). Is this a fundamental property of LVM/device
mapper architecture
or is it that this feature simply hasn't made it to LVM (yet)?

Would it be possible to use dmsetup to set this up? I suspect that the
answer is "no", but
I'd like to make sure before I give up on this.

Thanks.
-boris