[linux-lvm] Missing logical volume

Jonathan Brassow jbrassow at redhat.com
Wed Aug 1 15:14:28 UTC 2007

On Aug 1, 2007, at 2:27 AM, Nigel Duff wrote:

> We have since realised that one of the drives (/dev/sdd) isn't being
> recognised on boot. All other drives and partitions are shown
> correctly in
> the output of pvscan.
>
> Would someone be able to please look at the information provided
> and point
> me in the direction of a solution.

I think you need to figure out what happened to the missing disk.  If
that's gone, so is your data.  Nothing you've described so far has
given me reason to believe the drive shouldn't be there.  So, I'm
assuming device failure...

If you can get that device to come back online, you can restore your
original setup (vgcfgrestore).

  brassow