[linux-lvm] partitioning enterprise Linux 4 one or more partitions?

Aubin, Jean-Francois jean-francois.aubin at cgi.com
Wed Aug 22 12:39:30 UTC 2007

Hi,

I have two server with 2 xeon cpu dual core, 8gb of memmory, 2 x 73gb in
raid hardware for mirror OS and a FC card Qlogic 4GB for connect many
Lun with a EMC san. It's for install Oracle Rac and redhat enterprise
Linux 4. My question is about partitioning Linux rhel4 os with a lvm
partition. Which is the best partitioning for my configuration? I have 3
choice:
1-
RHEL 4 with ACL SELinux activated for more secure server, monitoring and
backuping this server.
Swap partition with ext3
/boot with ext3 partition
/ Root in a LVM partition for the rest of system files

2-
RHEL 4 with no SELinux.
/boot with ext3 partition
/ Root with ext3 partition