[linux-lvm] Dropped LVM2 snapshot

Karl Wagner kwagner at zetex.com
Fri Dec 14 14:21:50 UTC 2007

I have a problem...

I run several Xen VM's, all based on Suse 10.2. In order to save space,
and to simplify adding a new VM in future, I built a base system in a
logical volume, then made writable snapshots for each. However, I made a
mistake with one, and it filled the snapshot. Now it is marked as
invalid and is inaccessible.

Is there any way to force reactivation of the snapshot? The base image
hasn't changed, so it should still contain the exact state of the system
at the point at which it failed.

Thanks

Karl

Zetex Semiconductors - Solutions for an analog world.

http://www.zetex.com
http://www.zetex.cn

E-MAILS are susceptible to interference.  You should not assume that
the contents originated from the sender or the Zetex Group or that they
have been accurately reproduced from their original form.
Zetex accepts no responsibility for information, errors or omissions in
this e-mail nor for its use or misuse nor for any act committed or
omitted in connection with this communication.
If in doubt, please verify the authenticity with the sender.