[linux-lvm] Crashed disk with LVM

Hi,

I have tow disks(hda and hdb) where tow partitions(hda2 and hdb1) a
part of one LVM group VG01.
Now disk hdb has crashed and I'am trying to save the data on hdb1 to
another disk.
I tried with knoppix dumping(dd) hda2(works) and hdb1(don't work) and
I also tried activating the lvm group and dd the lvm volume but when
dd comes to hdb1 the disk just hacks and sounds noisy :-P

What should I do?

/h