Re: [linux-lvm] Extending the Root Volume with LVM

On Mon, Feb 12, 2007 at 12:11:30PM -0800, Sean McGlynn wrote:

I am working with RHEL 4 Update 4. When initially installing the OS I allowed the installation to
Now, as an experiment, I am attempting to extend the volume group and logical volume on which root is mounted. Everything appeared to be going smoothly (extending the VG, extending the LV, doing a vgchange, and then a lvm lvchange), but I am now at the point where I want to run e2fsck to check the file system and resize2fs to resize the files system to realize the added space, and I can't do either because the volume is mounted, and cannot be unmounted.

I've read a few
you probablu missed to "read the fine manual(TM)" provided with your rhel.
or the fine release notes

rhel 4 supports online resize of filesystem, check the man page of
ext2online to find more.

L.

--
Luca Berra -- bluca comedia it