[linux-lvm] moving logical volumes to another system *remotely* - how?

I have a server which stores several LVM-2 logical volumes.

As this system is pretty loaded, I'd like to move some of the logical
volumes to another machine. It has to be done remotely, so I can't do it
as described in the LVM HOWTO (where one basically adds/replaces disks in one machine).

My common sense tells me that I should:

1. Unmount/not use the logical volumes on the source server
2. Make volumes of the same size on the target server
3. Copy it somehow over network

I'm not sure of 2 (make volumes of exactly the same size) and 3 (how to copy it all over network, if possible, using SSH only).

--
Tomasz Chmielewski
http://wpkg.org