[linux-lvm] Mirror between different SAN fabrics

mathias.herzog at postfinance.ch mathias.herzog at postfinance.ch
Fri Jan 5 12:27:56 UTC 2007

Hey

I use the same configuration as Ty and it seems that the lvm2 cluster
version doesn't like the stacked approach. When I'm creating the LV in
the last step, a locking error occurs:

---------------
#> lvcreate -m 1 -n MirrorLV -L 500M MirrorVG --corelog

    Logging initialised at Wed Dec  6 10:57:20 2006
    Set umask to 0077
    Loaded external locking library liblvm2clusterlock.so
    Finding volume group "MirrorVG"
    Archiving volume group "MirrorVG" metadata (seqno 1).
    Creating logical volume MirrorLV
    Creating logical volume MirrorLV_mimage_0
    Creating logical volume MirrorLV_mimage_1
    Creating volume group backup "/etc/lvm/backup/MirrorVG" (seqno 2).
  Error locking on node xxx: Internal lvm error, check syslog
  Error locking on node xxx: Internal lvm error, check syslog
  Failed to activate new LV.
    Wiping internal VG cache

Syslog says:
lvm[3640]: Volume group for uuid not found: xxx

I can see the LV but since the state is NOT available I cannot access it

#> sudo vgdisplay -v MirrorVG
[...]
LV Name                /dev/MirrorVG/Mirror1LV
LV Status              NOT available
[...]

Mathias