[linux-lvm] some questions

Hi there,

I have some questions:

- In http://www.tldp.org/HOWTO/LVM-HOWTO/, there is a guide to convert
a root filesystem to LVM1 (13.8). Is there any guide to convert a root
filesystem to LVM2?

- It is LVM2 stable enough?, or by now, and for a production system,
is preferable LVM1?

- Several times, I had to recover data from hard disks without LVM; in
those cases, I boot with a live GNU/Linux CD, mount the partitions,
and copy the files. Can this be done with disks with LVM?, how?, which
live CD do you recommend for this task?.

Thanks very much,

tizo