[linux-lvm] disk recovery - mounting external USB lvm2 volume

Allan Wolfe allan.wolfe at gmail.com
Tue Jul 17 02:28:01 UTC 2007

Thanks Brian.  This is starting to make sense.  The Fedora 7 and the old FC6
both are named the defaults.  Here is the result from the vgchange:

$ sudo vgchange -a y
  2 logical volume(s) in volume group "VolGroup00" now active
  2 logical volume(s) in volume group "VolGroup00" now active

Digging around in the man pages, it looks to me as though I will need to
rename the active/current volume using vgrename command, change the
/etc/fstab to the new name and then follow on with mounting the old volume
using the old default volume.

Am I on the right track?  Thanks for your help.