[linux-lvm] extending raw partition and logical partition

I have 3 disk physical partitions:
/dev/sda1
/dev/sda2
/dev/sda3

VolGroup02 uses physical volume /dev/sda2.
I needed some more space on my logical partition /dev/VolGroup02/LogVol00 (only LV in Group) so I went ahead and deleted /dev/sda3 which left a bunch of free space. So then I went into fdisk and removed /dev/sda2 and recreated it with the same starting cyl and made the new end cyl the same as the old /dev/sda3 so I should have all the space in both the old partitions. Rebooted, checked fdisk -l and sure enough it had all the space. But now when I do a vgdisplay I still don't see any FREE PE. It shows exactly the same as before I expanded the physical partition. So how can I expand the LV if there is no FREE PE?