[linux-lvm] Re: Live Cloning of Root LVM (or Dynamic LVM?)

Solved.

It seems that I had not correctly copied the /boot partition (or maybe
messed up the MBR).

I cleaned the MBR and /boot, copied and reinstalled Grub on the clone
drive and it worked! I was able to unplug the main drive, plug in the
clone and the system booted without any problem.

LVM is great in providing a live snapshot. But it was a pain to get
around the VolGroup identical names due to clonage.

Thierry