Re: [linux-lvm] Does pv failure effect whole vg?

On 22 Jun 2007, f-lvm media mit edu said:
> (Yes, it'd probably be possible to make my own initrd that did
> everything the normal one does but supplies --partial in the right
> place, but that'd be a total pain to keep up-to-date across every
> automatic kernel update, etc.

The solution there is to use an initramfs instead, which can be built
automatically by the kernel build system and linked into the kernel.
Therefore, there are very few kernel-up-to-date woes left (basically
none): the kernel and everything needed to mount / is a self-contained
entity again.

--
`... in the sense that dragons logically follow evolution so they would
 be able to wield metal.' --- Kenneth Eng's colourless green ideas sleep