Re: [linux-lvm] vgdisplay - checksum error - what does it mean?

Tomasz Chmielewski schrieb:

(...)

Curiously, I updated lvm to Debian's 2.02.06-3, rebooted (machine was in a rather weird state), and the issue is gone.

With Debian's libdevmapper-dev 1.02.08-1 it doesn't compile; I didn't try to upgrade it anymore.

As described in another post from today ("moving logical volumes to another system *remotely* - how?"), perhaps the issue had nothing to do with lvm tools, but with kernel?

I use 2.6.17.8 on that ARM machine, the kernel oopses after I create a snapshot, invalidate it (make it full), and try to remove it.

I'll try to upgrade to a newest stable kernel to see if anything changed (it will take some time, though).

--
Tomasz Chmielewski
http://wpkg.org