[linux-lvm] Encapsulate existing partition / Moving logical volumes

I'm in the process of converting a couple of servers to use lvm2, and
there are two items that I can not find a reference for in the how-to
or on the lvm wiki.

First, is there a method to encapsulate an existing disk partition
into a logical volume?  (I can copy all of the data manually, but I'm
thinking there is an eloquent way to accomplish this.)

Second, I have found references to moving a volume group between
different physical volumes.  Is there a method to moving logical
volumes between volume groups?

If someone could provide a hint or a pointer to the documentation I'm
overlooking, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks,

Vern