Re: [linux-lvm] LVM and Windows

On Fri, 9 Mar 2007, Lin Shen (lshen) wrote:

> If I format a FAT file system on top of a logic volume created by using
> LVM, will this be accessible from Windows? In other words, does Windows
> understand LVM?

Short answer: No

Long answer: Windows doesn't understand Linux LVM.  However, it doesn't
need to if:

 a) You are running Windows in a virtual machine with the LV as a virtual disk.
    (i.e. VMWare)
 b) You are accessing files in the LV via a network file system such as CIFS.
    (i.e. samba)

--
	      Stuart D. Gathman <stuart bmsi com>