Re: [linux-lvm] Aftermath of a dead hard disk

Will May a écrit :
I recently had a hard disk die on me that was in my LVM group and so had to replace it with a new one. When I added the new hard disk into the group, I didn't format it first and so LVM still thinks the new hard disk (250GB) is the size of the old one (60GB). I'd like to convince LVM of the new size. Anyone know how?

I've tried just formatting the hard disk, but that just causes LVM to cry that it can't find the pv on the disk.
Hi !
Just in case, did you pvremove the failed disk ?
If not, unplug the new one, pvremove -f the old one
re-plug the new one,
pvcreate the new one
vgextend the vg.
and enjoy.
read the manpages carefully in order to avoid mistakes.
Hope this helps.
--
Ce message est constitué d'au moins 50 % d'électrons recyclés.
S'il vous plaît, aidez nous à conserver nos ressources,