[linux-lvm] Mounting part of a logical volume?

p3tr0x at aol.com p3tr0x at aol.com
Fri Mar 16 18:25:59 UTC 2007

 Hi,

 I have a Fedora Core 6 system with a root volume group (VolGroup00) spanning 2 physical drives. Through my own negligence the first drive got overwritten when the system was rebooted with a bootable cd in the drive. This effectively reformated the primary drive but left the second drive intact. What I would like to do is mount the second drive to see if there is any data worth retrieving before rebuilding the system.

 I can boot onto a rescue CD so I can access the drive through lvm. lvdisplay reports that it cannot find all of the physical volumes which makes sense as the other drive was reformatted. pvscan also reports a missing drive.

 Can anyone give me a pointer on what might be my next step?

 Thanks!
 Pete