[linux-lvm] Mounting part of a logical volume?

Hi,

I have a Fedora Core 6 system with a root volume group (VolGroup00) spanning 2 physical drives. Through my own negligence the first drive got overwritten when the system was rebooted with a bootable cd in the drive. This effectively reformated the primary drive but left the second drive intact. What I would like to do is mount the second drive to see if there is any data worth retrieving before rebuilding the system.

I can boot onto a rescue CD so I can access the drive through lvm. lvdisplay reports that it cannot find all of the physical volumes which makes sense as the other drive was reformatted. pvscan also reports a missing drive.

Can anyone give me a pointer on what might be my next step?

Thanks!
Pete