Re: [linux-lvm] Mounting part of a logical volume?

On 3/17/07, p3tr0x aol com <p3tr0x aol com> wrote:

Hi,

 I have a Fedora Core 6 system with a root volume group (VolGroup00)
spanning 2 physical drives. Through my own negligence the first drive got
overwritten when the system was rebooted with a bootable cd in the drive.
This effectively reformated the primary drive but left the second drive
intact. What I would like to do is mount the second drive to see if there is
any data worth retrieving before rebuilding the system.

 I can boot onto a rescue CD so I can access the drive through lvm.
lvdisplay reports that it cannot find all of the physical volumes which
makes sense as the other drive was reformatted. pvscan also reports a
missing drive.

 Can anyone give me a pointer on what might be my next step?

this might help:

http://kbase.redhat.com/faq/FAQ_85_5843.shtm

 Thanks!
 Pete