[linux-lvm] To fdisk or not to fdisk, that is my question

I had a 4TB array on a 32bit system and the kernel could not deal with such a large partition so I did not use fdisk

Now I have a 64bit system with basically the same setup (migrating) and wonder what is the best practice for fdisk in this situation?

Do I fdisk one large partition or do I just pvcreate and lvcreate on naked drives? Aside for the oops factor of someone else thinking I forgot to partition 4TB of space in fdisk and destroying my lvm partitions. What are the pluses and minuses of fdisk and LVM?

Thanks,
Gordon