[linux-lvm] lvm library progress?

I saw a recent reference on this list to the development  of a library for lvm
functions. Is this at a point where it could be used for anything useful? I
have written a program that calls the lvm programs directly but would prefer
to use a library if possible. Even if only some functions are done that might
still be helpful.

Thank you.
Ben Scott
benscott nwlink com