Re: [linux-lvm] cluster LVM

Jordi Prats wrote:
> Hi all,
> I've been googling for a while but I found nothing about the current
> limitations of CLVM. Someone told me that you must use just one logical
> volume for each volume group. Is that true?

No, you can have as many LVs in a VG as you like.

> Anyone could tell me witch are and if exists any risks of loosing data
> by using CLVM given certain configuration? There's anything that it's
> not safe to use, like snapshots, pvmove...?

Snapshots & pvmove are not currently cluster aware. so if you need to snapshot
or move a logical volume it needs to be active on only one node.

If you are sharing data using a filesystem, then you must use a cluster-aware
filesystem if it is to be mounted on more than one node at a time. GFS or ocfs2
are just such filesystems.

--
Patrick