Re: [linux-lvm] stupid question about lvm/lvm2/clvm

Thanks. Openfiler uses rPath linux.
Is it any way that I can check if lvm is configured with clvm?
Maybe it should be listed in lvm formats?

Regards,
Hans

Patrick Caulfield wrote:
Hans wrote:

Hi!
I want build cluster. I couldn't decide about which system use OCFS2 or
GFS2.
I was looking for some information about clvm.
On redhat website I found some tarball with clvm toolset but called lvm2...
Does it mean that clvm=lvm2? Or clvm is special extension to lvm2, not
identical with lvm2.

The source tarball for lvm2 includes clvmd too. Enable it at compile-time time using
./configure --with-clvmd

If you're using RPMs then the cluster LVM one is called lvm2-cluster

I use openfiler (installed lvm2-2.02.14). Does it include clvm ext.?