Re: [linux-lvm] pvmove obliterates filesystem (Opensuse 10.2, x86-64)

> [snip pvmove problems]

This is why, imo, why lvm on linux needs to virtualize PE in lVm... a LV only maps to LE (logical extents) that can themselves be mapped to one or more PEs. Then you can pvmove by adding maps and removing old maps after verifying that the new mapping is ok.

This is basically how LVM is implemented in AIX. Is this a too big NIH problem for LVM on Linux? I am amazed that LVM on Linux doesn't steal more ideas from LVM on AIX, as that is without doubt the best LVM implementation you have out there. Big words, yes... if anyone can argue why I am wrong I am happy to hear why :) (and gladly accept defeat if that is required)

//Morten