AW: Re: [linux-lvm] very slow fw performance when snapshots active

Title: AW: Re: [linux-lvm] very slow fw performance when snapshots active

Ok, i understand the point with the swap file of vi. But why is this with snapshots activated that much slower than without?
Why can the file be saved in seconds without cow instead of about 2 minutes with cow. Needing twice the time for saving would be reasonable.

Editing with vi was just a performance test ;-)

Thanks and kind regards

Falko Zurell

Head of Application Management
falko zurell idmedia com
Mobil +49 (0)160 - 3 62 52 77

/i-d media AG
Ohlauer Stra├če 43
D-10999 Berlin

Tel +49 (0)30 - 2 59 47 - 357
Fax +49 (0)30 - 2 59 47 - 471
www.idmedia.com

Board: Regine Haschka-Helmer (CEO), Franz Klose (CFO)
Chairman of the Supervisory Board: Christian A. Hufnagl
Headquarters: Berlin, Place of Jurisdiction: Berlin HRB 76342
UST-Id. DE812698340