[linux-lvm] (no subject)

Dony Pierre Pierre.Dony at nbb.be
Thu Sep 13 13:11:47 UTC 2007

HI all,

I'm testing LVM on a redhat EL 5 with the following configuration :
  * one FSC Primergy server with one dual port Qlogic HBA 2462
  * each Qlogic port is connected to a SAN (dual fabric)
  * use of device mapper
  * use of LVM to define a mirror disk on two IBM ESS  2105 disks

Everything was fine and worked. I have created the lvm with :

root at linprd11 by-id]# lvcreate -L 10G -m1 -n mirror1vg1
vg1 /dev/mapper/1IBM_2105_41630194 /dev/mapper/1IBM_2105_41630317
/dev/mapper/1IBM_2105_41F30194
 Logical volume "mirror1vg1" created

Sync between the two mirrors was ok :

[root at linprd11 by-id]# lvs
 LV         VG   Attr   LSize  Origin Snap%  Move Log             Copy%
 mirror1vg1 vg1  mwi-a- 10.00G                    mirror1vg1_mlog 100.00

Then, I suppress access to one image of the mirror and reboot the Linux
server. The boot failed and give the following error message :
    * An error occurred during the file system check. Dropping you to a
shell - Give root password for maintenance :

When I try the command lvm -a -o +devices -P , I receive Locking type 1
initialisation failed. If I use the --ignorelockingfailure, I receive :

Can you tell me how I can solve this problem ?

Thanks a lot for your help.
Regards.
Pierre.

Visit our website! http://www.nbb.be