[linux-lvm] LVM-Metadata

Stephan Schulz ss.c at gmx.net
Mon Apr 7 19:44:01 UTC 2008

Hi!

As no one seems to answer my previous post, I will try to solve my problem
by recreating the metadata. Therefore I need to know the size and location
of the lvm-metadata of a physical volume: Is it located at the beginning
af a disk (the whole disk is a physical volume) or also at the end?
Overwriting the metadata should be done with

dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/sda bs=512 count=??? (how big is the metadata? I
don't want to overwrite portions of the data part of a physical volume)

Any help?

Regards,
Stephan

--

A computer is like an Old Testament god, with a lot of rules and no mercy.
- Joseph Campbell