[linux-lvm] LVM mirroring questions...

Karl Wagner kwagner at zetex.com
Tue Apr 8 09:55:25 UTC 2008

Hello.

Just wanted to point out quickly, although it doesn't actually answer
the question, linux software raid may be an option for you. Set both
partitions to Linux raid, then use mdadm to create a RAID 1 accross the
2 partitions.

I am currently running a similar setup, except I am using a raid5 across
4 partitions, with a raid1 and a raid10 earlier in the disk for OS, LVM
on the raid5, and an additional VG containing a mix of striped, linear
and mirrored volumes.

Mouse