[linux-lvm] Simple scripts for use in automated backups?

Wed Apr 23 13:15:44 UTC 2008

Hello again,

Sorry to flood the list with newbie questions... if there is a better
list for things like this, please let me know...

I'm still fairly new to linux (coming from windows world), and enjoying
the freedom, but as far as scripting goes - well, to call me a noob is
being kind...

Would any kind souls be willing to share some basic scripts that can be
used to activate a snapshot, then 'do x' (this would be my rsnapshot
command), then release the snapshot? The part that I don't have a clue
about is how to check for errors - ie, did the snapshot activate ok? Did
it release ok?...

Thanks for any responses, including decent how-to's, etc...

--

Best regards,

Charles