Re: [linux-lvm] Simple scripts for use in automated backups?

Would any kind souls be willing to share some basic scripts that can be used to activate a snapshot, then 'do x' (this would be my rsnapshot command), then release the snapshot? The part that I don't have a clue about is how to check for errors - ie, did the snapshot activate ok? Did it release ok?...

*Usually*, a command exits with code 0 if it finishes with a success.

<snip>

Here's a few links I dug up a couple weeks ago on how
people use lvm to back up mysql:

Thanks! helps a lot...

--

Best regards,