Re: [linux-lvm] How to move /usr from LVM back to non-LVM?

On 4/28/2008, Stuart D. Gathman (stuart bmsi com) wrote:
So, I'm now curious how/what other people generally use LVM for?

And now I regret it because I can't use snapshots to take backups
of the system.  The only drawback to LVM is that initrd is trickier.
And a good LiveCD makes it possible to recover from boot problems -
even remotely.

Good point...

Actually my question was incomplete... it should have read:

I'm curious what partitions/directories other people use LVM for?

--

Best regards,

Charles