Re: [linux-lvm] LVM mirroring questions...

Hello,

Tuesday, April 29, 2008, 16:01:53, Stuart D. Gathman wrote:

> With LVM, many equal sized PE make this automatic. (Although the
> write intent table needs a 3rd drive.)

I was wondering why this can't use LVM internal structures for storing
it (like for example on HP-UX). Having to use 3rd disk is not very
practical (as is not the requirement to re-sync whole LV in case of
disk failure when the LV is really big). I don't remember now if HP-UX
uses the headers of VG or LV to track these changes. But is there any
reason, why this couldn't use for example first LE of LV?

--
  bYE, Marki