[linux-lvm] Re: Linux LVM performance using multiple iSCSI targets

???? Anuj Singh wrote:

> I used lvm and created a logical volume say MyBigStorage on FileServer
> using /dev/sda1, /dev/sda2, /dev/sda3..../dev/sdaN as physical disks
> (these are the raw disks exported from iscsi-target machines).

Is it only sda or sda/sdb and so on?

You should rather be using device IDs. I am not sure how PVs are scanned
during OS boot up. If names are hardcoded, you will be in trouble.

> 4. Any other issue which you can suggest with above approach?

You are not using dm-multipath for this setup?
Have you tested the current configuration with some of the iSCSI devices
made unavailable in between and exceeding the timeout period?

Ritesh
--
If possible, Please CC me when replying. I'm not subscribed to the list.