Re: [linux-lvm] shift PV from disk to raid device?

On Tue, 2008-12-09 at 21:38 +0100, Kai Schaetzl wrote:
> Doug Ledford wrote on Tue, 09 Dec 2008 14:56:24 -0500:
>
> > superblock
>
> another question: this is not the same as the filesystem superblock,
> right? e.g. "dumpe2fs -h /dev/mdn" shows me "Bad magic number in super-
> block" on all raid arrays that have LVM on them. That's to be expected,
> right?

Yes.  The md raid stack, the lvm stack, and every file system all have
their own unique superblocks.  You use mdadm to read md raid
superblocks, various lvm tools to read lvm superblocks, and filesystem
specific tools for filesystem superblocks.

--
Doug Ledford <dledford redhat com>
              GPG KeyID: CFBFF194

Infiniband specific RPMs available at