[linux-lvm] LVM snapshot and Plone data FS

Thomas Bellembois thomas.bellembois at gmail.com
Fri Feb 8 08:30:15 UTC 2008

Hello,

I am new to the list and I have a question about LVM snapshot.
We have a Zope/Plone server running with its database stored on a LVM
volume (actually this is a uge file used as a database (with transactions)).

I would like to know if it is possible to snapshot/restore the LVM
volume while the server is running ? What about transactions ?

I have googled the question about mysql databases but it was not always
mentionned that the server has to be stopped.

Any idea ?

Regards.

Thomas