RE: [linux-lvm] pvmove safety

>pvmove is pretty reliable.  However, I would probably make a backup before doing any sort of operation that would grow/shrink/move a file system.
>
>brassow

Brassow,
Thanks for the reply, I was beginning to think it was a silly question <grin>. I couldn't find any reliable info regarding pvmove and the specifics of the actual command. I ended up just trying it and it worked.

I am also a little unsure about how IO to the LV in transit is handled, is it paused at any point?

If the pvmove is stopped at any point and an -abort is given, are all the PE's that *were* reserved automatically freed up? Also, I assume the old PE's aren't freed up until everything is copied over and in sync?>

Thanks!
jlc